Monday, July 27, 2009

Roast Beef

What could be more comforting than Roast Beef? It's a Sunday dinner around here and one of Gregorys favorites.
If you go to the meat department at the grocery store, they actually carry a couple different kinds of roast, and I never remember what kind I bought the time before. I just look for one that looks nice and meaty and doesn't have a lot of fat on it.
While your at the store, pick up a bag of baby carrots, some red potatoes, a yellow onion, and some garlic ( I buy mine already minced)

I usually try and put the roast in the crock pot for 8-10 hours on low.
Add your carrots, cut up potatoes, onion, and garlic to the roast and you will have some great flavor with your roast.

1 comment:

  1. I had this and it was so yummy: throw the roast in the crockpot and dump a bottle of good salsa on it and cook it on low for about 10-12 hours. It was so yummy and just fell apart. Easy to do.

    ReplyDelete